Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Diploma Day, complete with a lovely piece of paper

My forth degree, a symbol of all of my academic career.


Yesterday I picked up my PhD diploma. It was a little anti-climatic. I wasn't expecting a parade or the Chancellor to come out and hand it to me, but maybe a free t-shirt or sticker. Previous PhD students in my office seemed to all have the "Ph-inally Ph-inisheD" bumper sticker. I wouldn't put it on my car, but I think I deserved one after 5 years at CU.

Since there is no summer commencement ceremony, I 'walked' in May, which was great because my parents and Jen's family were able to come to the two-days of events. They should have a reception for August graduates.

Now I await being contacted from the CU Alumni Association, my fourth Alma Mater,  but I know I can't help them until I pay back my student loans and maybe get one of those 'jobs' I've heard so much about. I have some solid leads in the space industry and I hope one of those becomes my next adventure on my career path.

Space!
Ryan

Next possible installment: Around the World as a Graduate Student

Yes that is a tassel stuck in my beard - May Commencement

1 comment:

  1. No one ever brings their Phd. to space (but everyone has one!)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete