Saturday, July 16, 2011

Best of 2011 Space Shuttle Photos #STS133 #STS134 #STS135





I've been preparing this set for awhile as I wanted to pick the absolute best of my 2011 experience with the final 3 Shuttle launches in Florida. I wanted to portray the craziness that occurs in the press site, but more importantly the beauty of this historic exploration program. The final photo makes my eyes a little puffy as it portrays one of the crew check-out team (#1) walking out of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) after saying his final goodbyes and receiving many congratulations from colleagues and strangers. The Shuttle program has been launching my entire life, I was there for SpaceShipOne's three flights in 2004, and I'm optimistic about the future of human exploration in space.

Space!
Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment