Friday, May 27, 2016

A hockey player's salut for Memorial Day Weekend launch of #Thaicom8 by #SpaceX

Tournament Weekend! Since moving to Florida I have competed in the Memorial Day [Weekend] tournament at the Space Coast Iceplex. I left home a little early to make sure I wasn't driving at the beginning of the +SpaceX launch window. I watched patiently on the webcast and found the rocket right on target to the North so I gave it a hockey player salut since I knew my photo quality was going to be low anyway. I then watched the webcast as SpaceX landed for the third time in a row on their barge out in the Atlantic Ocean!

Here's to you rocket! Tweet text for these two photos: Hockey player salute to #SpaceX #THAICOM8 launch from @SCIceplex Memorial Day Tournament! Great work @SpaceX!

That evening was probably our worse game because of fierce competition, but I did set up a goal in the final minutes.

The official stats:
May 27 Falcon 9   •  Thaicom 8
Launch time: 2139 GMT (5:39 p.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched the Thaicom 8 communications satellite. Thaicom 8 will provide Ku-band broadcast and data services to Thailand, Southeast Asia, India and Africa. Moved forward from June. Scrubbed on May 26. Read our full story. [May 27]

Space!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment